Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Top 10 Rappers and Reasons, Thanks Randy For the Motivation!!

My girl Randy gave me the motivation to write this, follow her on twitter: RandiElaine

The timeless debate of who is the best rapper ever...the thing abowt making this arguement is that the generation gap. I was 8 when tupac was mudered i couldn't even listen to rap until i was like 13 and even then it was only stuff that was on the radio so i just liked what was popular. Hell i use to wear my pants and shirt backwards and dance like Kriss-Kross or clear the living room and dance like Bel Biv Devoe..

The other thing that keeps top 10 list from accurate is because what is good to me isn't to you so there will always be a debate. Im from the south so repitive chorus and hooks with snap music is good music to me while up north lyrical metaphors are the norm. So to compare is impossible..when rappers make music its like casting a net out there and pulling back, sure you'll catch some but you'll also miss alot of folk.

So basically heres my list and reasons why...comment and debate...





1.Dwayne Micheal Carter A.K.A Lil Wayne, Young Money, Weezy F. Baby

Lil Wayne in my opinion deserves this spot because he unlike other rappers grew up in front of us and with every turn of something new (swag, hooks, trends) he adapted and destroyed it. From unforgetable hooks and lines to making the entire country scream "Bling Bling". Wayne has made nothing but hits. One of the few rappers that i can honestly listen to cd from cover to cover. He has begun an entire new way of selling music by giving away so much QUALITY music so then when his cd actually drops it destroys every record owt there. He is our generations Tupac, because he never stops recording his music library is rediculous, hundreds of songs owt there not to mention his cameos.


My favorite Wayne songs:


"The Sky IS the Limit" Drought 3: This was originally Mike Jones song yet no one even remembers his version after Wayne raped it and made it his girl. "When i was 5 my favorite movie was the Gremlins/aint got sh** to do wit this but i just thought that i should mention"

"Let The Beat Build" Carter III: Kanye West produced by Kanye West and Deezle.."Now That's how you let the Beat Build B***"

"Promise" Drought 3: Wayne professing his love for Ciara

"Scarface" The Drought is Over 2

"I Feel Like Dying" The Drought is Over 2




2. Kanye West: The Louis Vutton Don. Kanye is a beast, he doesn't rap about drugs running crack or nothing he really doesnt have an official M.O he just does Kanyeezy and you love it. He has done uplifting music "Jesus Walks" then flip it and do "Golddigger". I literally listened to "Late registration" for 2 years straight still quoting lines. As of late he has changed his style to the autotune style but why not he just lost his mom things don't mean the same when you lose someone that close to you. He didn't need to appease anyone other than himself you can tell he had something on his heart and he let it all owt. Yea he's cocky, but is it cockyness or confidence...your Kanye West can you afford to be modest???
My Favorite Kanye songs:





"SpaceShip" College Dropout: Listen to the lyrics forreal

"Two Words" College Dropout

"Bring Me Down" Late Registration Almost made me cry, serious song abowt his grandma

"Gone" Late Registration

"See You In My Nightmares" 808's and Heartbreaks My two favorite artists on the same track nothing but magic!!






3. Jay-Z Hova Jigga is the King of New York...yea Biggie was the man but you gotta let go sometime and Jay has paid his dues to the former king and to the streets...every album he drops is a classic. He, like Wayne, grew up through the generations dumbed down his lyrics to appeal to the masses but still had enough meat to feed the hardcore listeners. He gave an Adult approach to selling crack more of "I survived it now look at me" kind of approach. He retired, came back, married beyonce, and now is on the prowl to end autotune..u don't want beef from Hov.


Jay-Z classics:


"Izzo" The Blueprint You don't need any words to describe..just listen

"Say Hello" American Gangster Say hello to the bad guy

"Blueprint 2" The Blueprint 2 Jay-z Shot back!!

"Beach Chair" Kingdom Come



4. T.I. The King of the South no questions against the crown period. Yea he's in jail now but unlike other immature rappers who revil and brag abowt jail, Tip instead turned it into a possitive trying to deter others from following his path and released "Paper Trail" which in my opinion silenced everyone. Tip has never claimed to be the first at anything but he is one of the best and alot of things..im referencing T.I vs Tip in which he battled himself. Yea it had been done before but not as well as The King did. Can't wait till Tip is back on the street releasing more heat..oh and ATL is the reason i have a girl so i am forever in T.I. debt. :)



"Rubber Band Man" Trap Muzik

"On Top of The World" Paper Trail

"King Back" King

"Bring em Out" Urban Legend





IT's funny my top 4 rappers all were on "Swagga Like Us" coincidence? I think not.




5. Eminem: Yea he's white....so, words have no color. He trancended all racial boundaries, TRL, 106&Park, Vibe, Rolling Stone...He is signed with one of the best producers ever and has used it to his advantage in every aspect. Sure Em isn't politically correct and dude has alot of issues but nobody has put em together to make hits like him. There really isn't a place or venue to listen to Em, like its not club music or riding music its more just music. I know it doesn't make sense it isn't suppose to this is my blog get ur own. Anyway Em was just honored as the best rapper in Vibe magazine and he just released another #1 in "Relapsed". Em makes controversy entertaining.



My favorite Em songs:

"White America" The Eminem Show Im Black and this song spoke to me"Say Goodbye Hollywood" The Eminem Show

"Lose Yourself" 8 Mile

"Puke" Encore "I can't believe i got your name on my skin/now my next girlfriend gotta be named Kim"

"Patiently Waiting" Get Rich or Die Trying Em ate this 50 cent song up, one of my favorite 16 bars ever..




6. Ludacris: In my opinion he reminds me of Busta Rhymes, because he does crazy fun songs but they all got lyrical appeal.

7. Lupe Fiasco: Two words "The Cool" Go get it now, sit down and listen

8.Nelly (Pre "Sweat/suit") I don't really like the new Nelly, "Nellyville" is a classic that really showed Nelly growning into his own.

9.Bun B: This was hard becaue technically Bun isn't in my generation that was until he dropped "Trill" even though he was without his P.I.C Pimp C he made it a classic.

10. The Dream......I no he's not a rapper, but his songs have so much lyrical value that he is just a rapper that can sing, plus he has written some of the best songs ever: Rihanna "Umbrella" Beyonce "Single Ladies" J.Holiday "Bed" Usher "Moving Mountains" and Young Joc "Coffee Shop"

"Im in love with you Baby and i want you to know that im hooked on yo body and im trying to be yours"


Honorable Mention:
Gucci Mane: Give em 5 more years he'll be a household name...in Montana.
Drake: He would have been n my top 10 but he needs a real LP under his belt
Young Jeezy: Good but hasnt been great since Thug Motivation
This is my list give me yours or tell me im right or wrong till next time..


Mr.Melvin is Owt of the office....

No comments:

Post a Comment